The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TIOT57, TPE56 - Heartstrings

Happy Tuesday stampin' friends!! Today we have another fantastic Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to jump start your creativity! This week's challenge {TIOT57} is to create a project using the colors of pink, white and moss green! Love it! That is one of my favorite color combinations anyway (shocker! heehee) so a really fun challenge for me this week. Here's mine:


I have chosen another of the BEAUTIFUL newly released images from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design - from the amazing collection of EXCLUSIVE images, Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler Edition 3 -- meet Heartstrings!! Is she not the most gorgeous girl you've ever seen? I adore her hair! Absolutely classic Elisabeth Bell, right? MWAH for Elisabeth and Susana - thanks for the fun images ladies. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

On my way to creating this card I surfed my short list of challenges, you know I love playing along with all my PSFs out there! I always appreciate the inspiration and seeing what you all make too (even if I only do a fly-by!). I'm linking this card up for The Pink Elephant's challenge this week {#56}, because they want you to use GREEN. I love green! What fun! Last week they had a sketch challenge which I didn't get to in time, so I'm all over it this week (and I'm using that sketch sometime soon too, it was a good one).

The card info for today - I stamped this little darling in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Accents and highlighting with my new American Crafts white Ultimate Gel Pen. I cut her out with Nestabilities Classic Ovals, and layered onto the NEW NEW NEW Nestabilities Big Scalloped Ovals. Susana has all the first release 2010 nesties IN STOCK so head over, I have not seen them *anywhere* else yet!

Other details, a yummy layered flower with my new favorite thing, the Prima mini roses in the middle. These are from the "pink" collection. ALSO, it's a little hard to see (try clicking the larger view), but I added some of the new SMOOCH Illuminate to the pink rose. It is GORGEOUS! It adds just a bit of sparkle and shine, and so, so easy to apply with the great applicator design. What I like best about it is that it's thick enough to stay where you want it, but you can still get into tiny spaces and dab/spread/follow lines, etc. What a great product, I am going to be using it a LOT. Just a lovely iridescent shimmer. Yum! Lastly, a few Kaisercraft pearls in the corner to finish it off and she's all set!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired by all the beautiful DT creations, we'd love to see your pink, green & white creations. Happy stamping & big hugs to all my readers!

6 people made my day!:

~T~ said...

Adorable!

Heather said...

This is super cute. I love your coloring of her dress. Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I am a bit behind in comment but wanted you to know this and the past 4 entries are gorgeous. I love the colors and images. You have an amazing job on them all!!!

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Jen she is adorable. That color challenge looks so good together. Love the way you colored her dress and I love that beautiful flower. Gorgeous!!!

Trudi said...

Very pretty Jen! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

Annie said...

Great work - just so cute. Pink and green work fabulously together. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...