The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Try Out a Color Challenge!

It's Tuesady!! Today we have another fantastic Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to jump start your creativity! This week's challenge {TIOT50} is a color challenge! My *almost* favorite type of challenge {sketches are #1 of course!}. The colors for this week's gorgeous inspiration are aqua, coral, and either white or cream. My coral is on the darker side, this is actually the berry color from PTI; it's comparable to Cameo Coral from SU -- but prettier. For my image I chose Spunkette, one of the original Elisabeth Bell for SCACD images from Sampler Edition #1. She is SUCH a darling little fairy, I adore her long, sweet wings, beautiful flower outfit and flowing hair.

I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. After she was colored up, I cut her out with snips, layered with Classic Circle Nestabilities, and put together the mats and layers. The rest is all patterned paper {Basic Grey and PTI}, ribbon and faux stitching! Remember, the Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen is the bestest!! I loves 'em, they alllllllllllways work, woohoo! Kaisercraft pearls to finish it off and she is PERFECT, another gorgeous girl from the minds of Elisabeth and Susana!

I incorporated a sketch with this week's challenge too OF COURSE, you know how much I love sketches!! This is TESC97 from this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. You KNOW I love Taylor's inspiration, always tops on my list when I need a good sketch!! Here's it is for reference:

Now we have an extra-special day today at SCACD. The ALWAYS generous Susana has the yummiest of all blog candy up on the SCACD store blog beginning today......beeeeeeeecause we have another amazing release in store for you at the end of the week!!!! Yes, fantabulous new stamps are coming at you on Friday and beginning today the candy is available to enter so CHECK IT OUT! Also, for lots more colorful inspiration today scroll down and hit all the DT's posts on the store blog {or use the SCACD blog roll on my left sidebar}! Make it a good one and stamp happy!

9 people made my day!:

Anki said...

Stunning my friend! I love Spunkette! Kram - Anki

Lisa Foster said...

This is soooo gorgeous!!! What a fabulous color combo! Color challenges are one of my faves too...think I'll have to try this one! Thanks for the fantastic inspiration! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Juls said...

wow this card is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danni said...

Super sweet card! Love Spunkette!

Dianne said...

Fabulous card !! Spunkette looks really spunky and cheery.

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love that cute image, and the coloring job is fab! Great job with TES97!


♥Lea

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card!!! Adorable image!!

stampingtink said...

She's just perfect! I love her colors (and you do that so beautifully!) and the ribbon is perfect for her! Love the layout! I'm going to snatch it!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Carolyn Bounds said...

Fun, sassy, and oh so summery!!! I love the cheerful feel of this card, and it totally makes me think of warmer weather...something I am longing for right about now. You really hit a homerun with this fabulous creation!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...