The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TIOT 34 - Look Ma, No Patterned Paper!

Welcome to this week's Try it out Tuesday from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! Suzanne was VERY challenging this week (TIOT34), we are making projects with NO PATTERNED PAPER (and a charm for a twist). Yes, you read that right, no PP. I almost didn't know what to do!! LOL.

This week I chose to use a Pink Cat Studio image, available from SCACD. This is from the Lily & Tweet plate. My favorite! Susana stocks lots of other Pink Cat images, including the newer Sporty Billy and the Fairy Friends.

I started off by stamping them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloring with Copic markers. I painted Mr. Snowman with Angel Wings Shimmerz. After they were colored I cut them out. I used my new Labels 8 Nestabilities for the card base, with Classic Circle Nestabilities layered just underneath the main image. A Cuttlebug folder on the white panel for some texture and viola! Unfortunately I didn't have any charms, but I did add some snowflakes!

Also some SALE NEWS!!!! Susana has put all Shimmerz paints & Blingz and Shimmerz Spritz on sale right now for 30% off!!! As I mentioned I used Shimmerz on my snowman today; you can use Shimmerz on almost anything and it adds SOOOO much to a project! A little goes a long way so it's a fabulous deal! Head over and get yours now!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope if you have time you play along with our challenge and Try Out a project with no patterned paper! If I can do it, you can do it. :) And it turns out -- I had a blast making this one. Visit the other super-talented girls on the SCACD team for more inspiration (links on my left sidebar)!

6 people made my day!:

Aud said...

Your card looks fabulous! Love the colors you've used!

Big hugs,
Aud

Suzanne J Dean said...

Aww what a lil' cutie she is Jennifer--love all the added texture on the card! Fabulous holiday card--love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Danni said...

This has such crisp colors that just make such a great card! Love it!! Wonderful job!

Dianne said...

Your card is wonderful !! Makes me want to get ready for the Christmas season.

Lorelie Kim said...

Your card made me yearn for cooler weather and Christmas cheer!! Love all your details, from the embossing to the layered snowflakes!

Unknown said...

Great card Jennifer.

jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...