The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #23 - Get Sketchy

Hello and welcome to another Try it out Tuesday from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! This week on the SCACD blog we are getting SKETCHY with a fabulous sketch challenge created by our own Suzanne Dean. This week's sketch does double-duty, both as our DT challenge AND as the monthly sketch on the PCP page for SCACD. If you play along with us here using this sketch and upload your creation to PCP with the keyword "scacdjune", you will be entered into the random drawing to win a stamp from the store! So get inspired and get sketchy with us at SCACD!

Here is my creation, featuring this awesome Adirondack Chair from Lockhart Stamp Company. I stamped the chair with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers {bet you get sick of hearing me say that part of the card-making recipe, huh?!}. I cut out the finished image using Labels 1 Nestabilities. Added some clouds to the background and used my all-time favorite, Lily-Kate paper from Basic Grey. For the long skinny panel on the left side I hand-drew in some stitching to go along with the more "shabby" or "rustic" look to this card.

Pretty simple today, but I have to say, that chair looks good no matter how you color it!! All it needs is an ocean view and it would be my idea of paradise!! Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to visit the rest of the SCACD DT blogs {links in my left sidebar} and the SCACD store blog for more sketchy inspiration.



13 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic card. Love the colors!!! Wonderful pattern paper, layout, and coloring image. Beautifully done!

Maria Matter said...

Jennifer, this is beautiful! Your coloring is always so right on! Pretty papers too!
Just beautiful!!!
blessings, Maria

Aud said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the colors and love that chair!♥♥♥

Hugs,
Aud

Jami said...

I want to be in that chair!! What a peaceful and beautiful card. Love these colors!!!

Danni said...

So nice!! I'm with Jami, I want to be in that chair!

stampingtink said...

I adore this chair! I've got to pick it up. I love the paper and give me that ocean view! I'd never move! Gorgeous!

Hugs to you,

Susan

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Oh how I wish I was sitting on that chair - right by the beach - listening to the waves.....oh sorry - did I just ramble on??? LOL This card is stunning and it just makes my mind drift!!!! FABULOUS!! Hugs, T

Debbie Lee said...

Very pretty card - love the soft colors of the the DP. Makes me wish I was sitting @ the beach in that adirondack chair sipping some lemonade. :)

Suzanne J Dean said...

So fresh & fun Jennifer! Love that Lily Kate dp (my fave) and beautiful Lockhart image--speaks of summer! Love your take on the sketch!

hugz,
Suzanne

Susana M said...

Hi Jennifer,
Can you take that chair and put it in front of my beach that I heart going to :o) Awesome color combos and the sky background ROCKS!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Etha said...

what a great sketch, I just so love that image and your predominant green makes me feel all warm and comfi :) such a great card!

Lorelie Kim said...

Makes me long for those San Diego beaches...sigh...

Love your card and your cloud background!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this! Love that adirondack chair...I wish I was in one, don't you? LOL! Your coloring on this is just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...