The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TIOT25 - Lily Goes Red, White and Blue!

Welcome to Tuesday! Today we have an extra-special, extra-patriotic Try it out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! This week on the SCACD blog we can see in ONLY red, white and blue!

Here is my creation, it's a 4.25" square card featuring LILY from Pink Cat Studio, along with Tweet. This image is from the Lily & Tweet plate, available for the amazing price of $12.50 from SCACD! I stamped the darlings with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I added some highlights with the Ranger white gel pen when all the coloring was done. Cut and matted using Classic Oval Nestabilities. The rhinestones are Kaisercraft Diamond, and I used the same Copic marker that I colored her dress with to custom-color them to fit my palette. This is one of my FAVORITE tricks with the Copic markers - that you can customize so many different embellishments to the perfect color using them. They work on SO many surfaces, especially the plastic of the Bella Baubles, rhinestones, buttons, etc. -- I do it all the time!

Hope you find the time to play along with us during this holiday week! Color challenges are always fun and you can incorporate a 4th of July theme too if you are so inclined! Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to check out the rest of the red, white and blue spirit from the SCACD design team {blog links on my left sidebar}. See you tomorrow!


10 people made my day!:

Maria Matter said...

Adorable Jennifer!
Blessings, Maria

Danni said...

How fun! Love the paper you used with sweet Lily!!

Jami said...

So sweet!! Love how you colored the rhinestones...I've done it with pearls but never thought about rhinestones! Cool idea!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Totally sweet and fun! Love the CB embossing and the Copic-ized rhinestones!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Jennifer! Love the layout & embossed background--Lily is a cutie!

hugz,
Suzanne

Susana M said...

I love how you coordinated all parts of this card :o) Very cool effect!!! The paneling ROCKS :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card!!! The image is adorable! I love the layout, colors you used, and the embellishing. You did a wonderful job on it!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Very sweet!!! Love the layout of this card with the embossed corners - AWESOME!! Hugs, T

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply lovely!!!!!!!tfs:)
chat

stampingtink said...

Gotta adore Lily and Tweet! I love him done in blue and the embossing is great! Love this layout and the rhinestones! Way too adorable!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...