The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

LPS - May DT Challenge

May 15th already!!!??? Well technically May 16th now as I am a day late, but I do have a work excuse signed by Miss Jessica so I'm safe! You may remember - the 15th of the month means that it is time for another {Little Paper Shop} design team challenge! This month Silvia challenged us to create a 3D item. I'm SO not good at these types of things, but luckily I did manage to pull together this little coaster frame without permanent injury to myself or others, heehee!

I used stamps from the {Butterflies and Blossoms} and {A Dream} sets to create this, along with some blingy gems and super shiny glitter. Would you like to hear one of the BESTEST things about clear stamps?? you can wiggle them around and transform them out of their original shape very easily and they will still stamp perfectly! {For example, the stem of the flower in my little frame here}. You can also use a marker to "ink up" certain parts of an image or sentiment, stamp it, clean the stamp and repeat the process with another part of the image. I used both of these little tricks on today's project! Stamps from {Little Paper Shop} are very high quality clear stamps - perfect image every time!

The right side of this desk frame is blank for a photo of one of the kiddos to go in there but I didn't have any I could find so I guess it's time to print pictures again! In the meantime you can visualize a little blonde cutie in there if you'd like!

You want to play along? I love when you play along! You'll have some extra time on this one too, so create away and then link your creation to the LPS blog by Sunday, May 24th. If you upload to SCS or PCP, be sure to use keyword LPSC16. ONE lucky winner will be drawn at random from all participants to receive TWO free digital images! More details on the LPS blog. Be sure to visit the rest of the DT and check out all the great 3D item ideas they had!

7 people made my day!:

Heather said...

This turned out FABULOUS!!!!

Bonnie said...

This is great Jennifer! What a sweet keepsake!

Julia said...

Worth the wait Jen!! Love it! You just gave me an idea for father's day : )

Libby Hickson said...

Oh my cuteness!!! Hey fyi I just left a little award for you on my blog...

Janna said...

Well i adore this idea Jen!! I have never thought of using these coasters to make frames! and I love the beautiful colors and textures you used to do it!! I can just see giving away some of these as gifts! I really think people would love them! Great job on the sentiment as well! Hope your weekend went well!

smiles,
janna

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ha ha ha well, "Miss Jessica" LOOOOOOOOOOOVES this project and agrees w/ Julia-totally worth the wait! You rock! I have a bunch of these little coasters actually...and yes, father's day...hmmmm.... ;)

Kimmie said...

What a darling little giftie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...