The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Monday, September 1, 2008

A Heavy Metal Challenge Card


Do you know what I love? RED! Without the foiled paper layer, this card is just plain boring. I cut the panel to size then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the swirly vine patterned folder (from the new release, can't remember the name of it).

The images are from Prickley Pear - I've been eyeing this particular butterfly for awhile and finally got it inky! I colored the image with Copic markers and added some Clear Spica glitter pen and red glitter *strategically* over the top of some parts for sparkle, which you can't see in the photo unless you click on it for the Giganormous version. Drawback to shiny red paper....hard to photograph, even with no flash, infinity board and bright-yet-indirect lighting. Sheesh!

This is my entry for the Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock challenge this month - Heavy Metal. Foil paper is metal too, I say!

9 people made my day!:

Julie Koerber said...

Wow!!! Love the red metal!!! WAY cool! So glad you're rockin' on with us!! YKYR!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the red background...just what it needed. You did a wonderful job on the card!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Jenn, this is fab-you! Love that red!!!

Great entry; thanks so much for playing!! You Know You Rock, my friend!

~Hugs, Deb

Kari said...

Great card! I love everything about it! Love the layout and the stamps!!! Wonderful!

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool...love the red metal!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! The texture on the foiled paper is awesome. Nice clouds too.

Anonymous said...

This is so stunning Jen! :) Love the shiny paper! Hope you're having a great week friend!

Kelly L said...

Love the shiny red from the metal foil, and running it through the cb is a GREAT idea! Lovely image, beautiful clouds, too. :) Kel

Shirley said...

What a great card! I loe what you did with the embosse3d area and how it really makes your maing images pop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...