The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Adventure - SC166, ATS3


Monday again already - where did the weekend go? We are just about floating here with all the rain we have gotten - although we've been lucky as I see on the news - many have sustained heavy property damage. I'll be glad to see the sun again!

I made this card last night - it's a multiple-challenge card; sketch and color. The color challenge part is from this week's All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge. This is ATS #3, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun. It just happened to go PERFECTLY with what I wanted for this card, featuring the new Adventure stamp sets from Jessica Lynn Original. Amanda, the new Design Team Lead for JLO also challenged the DT to make a card using SC166 from Splitcoast.

Whew! Anyway, this is what I came up with. The paper-pierced truck and the vertical panel are patterened paper from DCWV Far East stack. I sponged the "scenery" around the truck, and added the shadow with one of my Prismacolor markers {imagine that desert sun beating down on your from almost directly overhead...}. I colored the rhinestone headlights and the babubles with a yellow Prismacolor marker. I colored the windshield with my white Glaze pen. The truck is on dimensionals and so is the panel it sits on. DTP on the underneath layer of Wild Wasabi.

8 people made my day!:

Mandy said...

Cute! The colors are perfect for the image!

Maureen said...

Very cool! Love the paper piecing!

Kelli said...

Great card! Do you like the prisma markers? I've been using their pencils for ages, but have never tried the markers.

jo said...

ohhh love this card, huggs jo x

Kelly L said...

Love this card!! That really is a terrific stamp, too. Great job. I like the paper piecing, and the sketch really works well with the image. :) Kel

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I think I want to try that CC. Love the copic shadowing and paper piecing on the truck!

Wombat said...

This is a great card and you managed to work in all those requirements - wonderful!

Linda B said...

wow I have never seen anything quite like it, goodo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...