The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Quickie Carnation


A card at last! Although I admit I can't take full credit for this one. It was one of the "make" cards on my list for the Mad City Madness Shoebox swap that I attended back in March. Sort of.

I loved the layout on this one, and the striking colors, but I did not at all like the original main image. It was to be one of the silhouette ladies from the set in the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog, which sadly, I think are quite unattractive. No offense meant if you like them, but not at all my style. Sooooo...I left off stamping that part at the event and when I got home, I used this gorgeous carnation from my Sitting Pretty set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela.

Much better! ;-)

10 people made my day!:

Ellie said...

OHHH I LOVE THAT.. if you don't mind I'm going to try to case your card but use the flower from Bloomin Beautiful. :)

-Ellie

Kisa Peters said...

Sometimes quickies are the best!

Loverly card!

jo said...

its very pretty. jo x

Anonymous said...

Afternoon Tea ds paper is fabulous on everything. Love the sentiment stamp from She's All That!

nessy said...

now that is an elegant card!!
great colours together!
vanessa xx

Kari said...

Beautiful!! Love the colors!!

Maureen said...

Very pretty - especially love the patterned paper!

Angie C said...

Gorgeous card, I love the carnation

Jo said...

Great cards and you've used gorgeous colours!

Julia said...

I love the look of this. Great image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...