The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Simple Brick Oval Father's Day

One of the best things about being on the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps design team is getting to try out some of the AMAZINGLY cool products!

I'll give you a "for instance". See this card? It's made using an image from the Vintage Roadside Digital Download sheet. Digital Downloads are a new product that PPRS came out with last month and I LOVE this sheet. It has some really rockin' images, especially for masculine projects and they're all in color! All you do is purchase the sheet through the website and you get the file sent directly to your e-mail address. No shipping, no hassle. Once you have all you need to do is print it and use the images on your projects.

This old brick house is printed onto a transparency sheet. Yeah!! I just love the way it looks with these vintage images. As soon as I saw it I had the idea to make a Father's Day card because this house reminded me of the house my dad grew up in in North Jersey.

To make this card, I cut my River Rock and Really Rust cardstock to size and centered my Petite Oval Nestabilities over the top and folded the other half of the Really Rust cardstock around the C plate so it would only cut through the front. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug to cut {yes, it punched through both layers of cardstock in one swoop}. I re-ran the River Rock through to get the embossing around the oval, then distressed the cardstock by dragging my Palette Haystack, New Canvas and a little hint of Burnt Umber across the paper.

I cut out the old house image and layered it between the River Rock and the Really Rust and glued everything down. The inside panel is GP 110# white cardstock that I printed Happy Father's Day onto just using MS Word and the RGB color code for "Chocolate Chip" to get a nice rich brown ink - R66, G28, B28. The whole point was to allow that to show through the image when the card is closed. Then I added the brads in all four corners and called it done. I know it's hard to believe I kept it so simple - not even a speck of glitter or ribbon - but since this is a masculine card I didn't want to add too many "extras" and end up making it look girly, YKWIM? *grin*

As you can see this is a really straightforward card. I love having the option of quickly printing these full color images and using them right on my project - it's fast and easy but it looks GREAT {well, I think so anyway, ha!}.

3 people made my day!:

Heather said...

Terrific card! Love it!

Richelle said...

Hi there...this is really cool looking...almost like a postcard..

Richelle

Kari said...

What a great Father's Day card!!! I love the colors you used too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...