The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Another Daisy!


Another daisy - in purple this time! This card uses the Polished Stone technique. I used Stampin' Up! classic reinkers in Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Encore Silver. The cardstock is Pale Plum, Whisper White, Glossy White and Elegant Eggplant. Palette Hybrid Noir ink for the images. Corner rounder from EK Success. The paper piercing used the template from Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from the old Hope for Comfort set.

This is a pretty simple card, the most work is just making the Polished Stone background! I made a whole 8.5" x 11" piece at once to save time and effort. (I did the same for the Faux Mother of Pearl, see next post down). Then I just cut down what I needed and now I have some more to play with another time! My extra tips for making Polished Stone backgrounds - don't skimp on the rubbing alcohol, keep those cotton balls wet so the ink doesn't get blotchy on your paper. Use those cheap, disposible rubber gloves (you only need it on one hand) and change them if needed. I bought a 2-pack box with several hundred gloves in it at Sam's Club for around $5. This keeps you from accidentally transferring ink where you don't want it and keeps fingers clean (and hands from getting alcohol-chapped too). If you skip the sealing step, you WILL transfer metallic ink off your paper - it's not worth it!

0 people made my day!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...